Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Drill for (mainly) wood

On Friday, 2 December 2016 20:31:08 UTC, Neil wrote:
I need to replace my 25-year old Bosch drill.

My immediate project is fitting 15 internal doors, so it'll be used mostly
for drilling out the latches. Even in the future, I doubt I'll need to
drill concrete/stone much.
Am I right in thinking SDS drills aren't suited to woodwork? Should I just
get another non-SDS hammer drill?

Any advice appreciated.

Neil

SDS are not suitable for drilling wood, except in a rough inefficient way. Nor is hammer drilling, but that will suffice for some relatively soft masonry. SDS is the mutt's nuts for masonry.

NT