Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Platt[_2_] Dave Platt[_2_] is offline

Default Defective male power connector on computer speakers

In article ,
Tim R wrote:

Could go to some kind of automotive molex? maybe? My thought is there are plenty of inexpensive and available
connection options that I would use before hardwiring this. For one thing, wal-warts do go bad. The other is the
trip hazard problem.

Or, what about an F connector? Plenty of those around.

Consider Anderson PowerPole connectors. They've replaced Molex
throughout much of the amateur-radio community - they're more rugged,
even the little 15-amp contacts will handle more current than you'll
need, and they pull apart and reconnect cleanly and easily.

There's a de facto standard in the ham community for a two-contact
configuration for ham radios operating on 12-14 VDC. If your speaker
uses a different voltage, you could pair up the contacts differently
(I use a "top and bottom" vs. "side by side" orientation whenever I do
this).