Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Defective male power connector on computer speakers

On Fri, 2 Dec 2016, Ralph Mowery wrote:

In article ,
says...

In article ,
says...

Might be easier to go back with BNC, if there's room in the speaker.

BNC for power?

Mike.

Probably way too hard to get the wires attached to the male part of a
BNC. I sort of thought phono plug but that would leave the male part
where it could short out to something when unplugged if the male was
hooked to the power supply.

Ebay has lots of the coaxial type power plugs and sockets for a few
bucks. Just buy a matching set so they will fit without any problems.

But if you use shielded cable, BNC wouldn't be too hard.

I thought I'd seen them used as HV connectors in power amplifiers
somewhere.

Michael