Posted to rec.woodworking
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default A new kind of Drill Press

On 11/29/2016 6:07 PM, Leon wrote:
A little pricey but no more than a PM.

Anyway No belts, electronic speed control, programmable to stop drilling at
a certain depth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ENqg-jX-6s

A new kind of drill press but one which must be paid for with the old kind
of money. I've been getting by with a refurbished Delta bought from their
clearance center in Pigeon Forge. Sure, it is noisy and the speed is a
bitch to change and the depth stop is a PITA and the quill has a bit of
wobble when fully extended but I figure that it has cost me about $10 per
year to own since 1998. If somebody gives me a lottery ticket and it
happens to hit the big jackpot maybe I'll look at the new type (if I'm not
too old to use it).