Posted to alt.home.repair

Default In defense of the electoral college

On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 7:25:24 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 23:42:37 -0000, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Some people (not suggesting Uncle Monster) are "disabled" because
they're overweight. They shouldn't be classed as legally disabled.

Very, very few. What does happen, people become partially disabled,
move less, then gain weight because they have little else to do but eat.
Couple that with inactivity and you've seen the result.

When I tore my knee I gained 20 pounds from the time of injury to the
time of repair. Took me a couple of years to get the weight back off.

I know many people who claim to be disabled and have nothing wrong with them but eating a lot. I'd say 20% of disable folk are like this.

Unless you have access to a statistically significant sampling
of disabled people's medical records, you're just making that up.

Cindy Hamilton