Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Your home MUST be demolished soon.

On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 4:45:36 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thu, 1 Dec 2016 12:59:04 -0600, philo wrote:

My house was built in 1898 and it sure has outlasted a hell of a lot of
cheap-ass **** built much more recently.

They used to build them well. They no longer build REAL houses.

THEY will build whatever kind of house you want, provided YOU are
willing to pay. Most people want the cheapest house with
granite countertops, and don't care that they're basically made
of toothpicks and tissue paper.

My house (vintage 1948) is built like a fireworks factory.
Masonry walls and a very flimsy roof. It might just be sitting
on top of the block walls; I've never crawled through the attic
to check. The builder/owner was a great stonemason, but not much
of a carpenter.

Cindy Hamilton