Stormin Mormon

Default How to get a safe out of your basement

You're dealing with steel. Safes often have layers of highly conductive
metals such as copper to draw heat away.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Murray Peterson" wrote in message
"RJ" wrote in
news
Does this mean that all those safe-cracker movies
with drills, acetylene torches, and dynamite were just "fiction" ?

Sounds like all you need is an electric outlet ( grounded or not )
a hand-grinder, and several cutting discs......

I would think that all is needed is an oxygen lance. I worked at a
rockwool plant, and if the furnace ever failed, you ended up with a large
steel vessel packed full of solid rock. A small oxygen lance would cut
through the steel and rock like butter -- don't see why it wouldn't work
very nicely on a safe as well. Mind you, I wouldn't bet too much on the
contents of the safe being useable after you had cut into it :-)