Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Which one is better? PUNCH PRESS VS LASER

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
I have cut dozens, if not over 100 with an Audel hand nibbler.
I've worn out three of them in the last 45 years, plus a half dozen
of the crap ones that Radio Shack used to sell.

When an Adel nibbler starts to dull I remove the compressed washer,
spring and stripper plate, disassemble it and grind the cutting edges.
I leave the stripper off when reassembling it so it doesn't mar the
surface around the cut and gets into tighter spaces.

They are slightly harder to use because the stripper spring helps
retract the punch if it isn't oiled, such as for modifying assembled
aluminum chassis boxes I can't easily wash.

http://www.adelnibbler.com/Step_by_S...el_Nibbler.htm

--jsw