Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Two way light switching neutral ?

Brian Gaff wrote

With all the incredibly noisy switch mode supplies and powerline internet
adaptors around nowadays, I think most houses need wiring with screened
cables and possibly undeground as well!

No they don’t, most don’t bother with AM radio anymore.

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
DICEGEORGE wrote:
I seem to recall reading somewhere that in 2 way switching for house
lighting its a good idea to have a neutral wire parallel to the lives
to cut down on interference, is this so? In which case I need 4 core and
earth not 3 core and earth.

I is mentioned at: http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/2_Way_Switching

What sort of interference are you talking about?

You might also find it very difficult to obtain 4 core and earth. I've
never seen it in terms of house wiring.

But if it is a problem on a two way switched circuit, it would also be a
problem on the common way to wire lighting with a switch drop from
ceiling
rose to switch.

--
*I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.