RikC

Default Municipal water pressure

I have seen the pressure go as high as 120 psi. It was caused by bad
pressure reducing valve. Look and see if you have one on the system. You
can't miss it as it should be near where the water enters the hose.

If you don't have one, install one and get a decent brand like watts, no
braukman.

HTH

rik

--

Padded room with a view
RWC3
"Scott" wrote in message
What is the conventional pressure range for a city water supply? The
one at my mom's house is at 110 PSI and rising, and it's causing
multiple failures in the 60-year-old pipes that were originally
installed for a 30-40 PSI deep well supply.

At this point we're incurring a lot of expenses in repairs and, now,
replacing the entire line from main to house (~200 yards). I'm just
interested in whether the water district might have some liability for
pumping the water pressure so high.

-Scott