Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default How long does it take a microwave oven to warm up?

On 12/1/2016 11:35 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 11/30/2016 04:23 PM, micky wrote:

[snip]

**This actually raises another question. I'm pretty darn good at
predicting how much time I need to microwave something, and once in a
while I can even remember from experience. (Cocoa from refrigerated
milk is 2 minutes. An eggroll of a given size is 2 minutes 40 seconds,
even though wrapper says 4 minutes.)

I have an older microwave, that has only 700W. Most directions are for
higher power. I find most things are OK if I add 25% to the cooking
time. For example, if it says 3 minutes I use 3:45.

BTW, some people have said that if I got a new microwave, it would
probably fail before the old one.

Maybe, we have one that was manufactured in 1983, still works fine,
but we have two, and this one is not used as much.

Mikek