Posted to alt.home.repair

Default In defense of the electoral college

On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 16:59:09 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 16:53:00 -0000, wrote:

It gets back to the rights of states. You had a similar issue with
Brexit. The majority of the people who voted, did not want to be ruled
by a union of other countries.
Would you really want the French and Germans voting on where they get
to spend your money? They have more population than you, much more.

I would if I was part of their country. Just as I accept that London has more people, so they get more choice in the running of the UK than other cities. It's not ONE city, it's MILLIONS of people. No one person is any more important than any other. Why should a little town in the Outer Hebrides of Scotland with 200 people have as much say as the 5 million folk in London?

You are overstating the issue. Would you say it was OK for 5 million
people in london to override 4.995 million people in the rest of the
country?

It really doesn't matter what you think anyway. We kicked you guys out
because we did not like a government with a king/queen.
Who voted for the windsors?