Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default Greedy Braun

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
tim... wrote:
Well, as a follow up to this, I have just ordered something that, quite
by chance, turns out to be shipped from the US

a small connector, 6 pounds 40 including shipping (that was the best
price that I could find)

I have a DHL tracing number to follow which has so far been to 6
different US locations (though they are probably simply different
departments in the same building)

so I don't know where 40 dollars shipping can come from

For some reason, the US postal system doesn't seem to be trusted by US
firms. Where you'd happily just pop something in the post here, they seem
to want to use couriers or whatever. Even when not making a profit from
P&P.

That was my previous point

but this new one was that I am using the US Shipping arrangement, and they
seem to be achieving it for 2 or 3 dollars

tim