Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Can you put a mains socket in a cupboard inside a bathroom?

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 11:16:01 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 1 December 2016 00:30:33 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
On 30/11/16 18:00, charles wrote:
I have that problem in a shower room. To wire in permanently means
removing a factory fitted, moulded on plug. Doing that negates the
guarantee,

I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

Can't see why it would if the plug is correctly fitted.

Isnt it simialr to a sticker falling off saying "warrenty void if
removed". All it means is the company refused to guarentee something
that could have been '****ed' with and then put back together so it's
not noticable.

You can see if a plug has been replaced.

and some say if the sticker has been removed they can tell especailly if you've lost or damaged it. Haven't you noticed that it;s only the sticker they are worried about not what you've done. This is partucually true for hard drives is where I still notice it most.
So if I removed the sticker even without even plugging in teh drive it's warrenty would be void NOT because I've used it or not used it purely because the sticker is removed.

I;'m not saying they are right to claim this it';s just what they say.

They say lots of things. Just whether they would stand up in law is a
different matter.

It most likely will as that's what you agreed to by purchasing the product,
if you don't agree don't buy.

It;'s similar to lifetime guarantees where the con is that you have to
have a reciept why ? If a product is faulty it goers back to the
manufacter for replacement NOT the store, as where you brought it should
be irrelivant.

A warranty goes to the person who purchased it unless specifically
transferrable like with some cars. So proof you are the original purchaser
isn't unreasonable. And sadly lifetime doesn't always mean what you might
think it does.

So lifetime warrently is that the life of the person buying teh product or the product itself I thought it wss the product itself rather than the purchaser.

--
*People want trepanners like they want a hole in the head*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.