Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default How long does it take a microwave oven to warm up?

On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 5:36:55 PM UTC-5, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 4:23:51 PM UTC-6, micky wrote:

How long does it take a microwave oven to warm up?

Unless I've missed something, microwave ovens don't heat
up.

+1

On my late mode Panasonic though, it seems there is maybe a 1 sec delay
before the light inside dims slightly, indicating that it's doing
something. But regardless, the question makes no sense to me.
We all learn from experience, it doesn't take long using it to figure
out how long it takes to heat various things. And how long it takes
will also depend on the item. If you're trying to heat something with
moisture in it, it heats quickly. If you're trying to heat something
that is very dry, it heats up very slowly. Fortunately most food
things have plenty of water in them.