Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Defective male power connector on computer speakers

In article , boomer#6877250
@none.com says...

I have an inexpensive pair of powered computer speakers. I didn't pay
much for them. but they have worked pretty well for the last year or so.
All of a sudden they became touchy and would not turn on, or would shut
themselves off.

In brief, that male connector has a bad connection and needs to be
replaced.

I am aware these plugs come in many sizes, and finding the right one
could be a challenge. That eliminates shopping online. This leaves me
with only Radio Shack, meaning I'll have to take the transformer along
and see if anything fits.

They are called coaxial power plugs. I bought some male and female
pairs a while back off ebay for only a few dollars. Maybe you can just
buy a pair of them to get the sizes to match and replace both pieces.