Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] captainvideo462009@gmail.com is offline

Default Composite video from an older laptop?

On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 11:21:28 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I have an old Dell Lattitude D630 laptop. Is there a way to come out of the VGA jack on the back of my laptop and somehow end up with composite or S video out? I tried an adapter that my son said he had used to do this in the past. It plugs into the RGB jack in the back and it has two short cables out of it. One has an RCA female jack on the end of it and the other has an S video female. I didn't try S but although I can get an image on my composite monitor you can see that there is more than one image and it's out of sync. I tried adjusting the display settings and that seems to put the frequency way off. I used to have a video board on an old DOS computer that had an RCA jack on it and it was very handy. Is this still possible to do? I think that I read somewhere that anything ten ears older or less should be able to support this. I don't know how old my laptop is but i don't think that it's over ten years. Thanks, Lenny

I thought "perpetual motion" was a theoretical quantity, kind of like the square root of -1. Lenny