Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.satellite.gps,sci.electronics.repair
AL AL is offline

Default What does decent celestial navigation freeware on Androidactually do?

On 11/30/2016 10:10 AM, The Real Bev wrote:

I wouldn't dream of having permanent monovision (one eye for distance,
one for near), but I have contacts like that. The brain deals with it
-- mostly -- but there's a certain amount of ghosting unless the light
is really bright. My daughter doesn't even notice that with hers.

Don't you lose your binocular (3D) vision with that setup? I was offered
that for my implants but declined. I never really minded wearing glasses
all that much anyway. I have my implants set for indoor distances so
only really need glasses for reading and driving.

Cataracts turn the lens yellow. I was really surprised to see the
difference in color between the two eyes.

My color improvement was amazing. I had no idea I was that bad. When
they deteriorate slowly over the years you don't notice.

(I waited months to have the second eye done --

3 months for me. Between eyes I went to a Savers store and found some
used glasses that had a lenses that worked for the new eye and knocked
out the other lens for the old eye. Worked surprisingly well for that
time I had unbalanced eyes. Looked a little weird though.

I've had the implants in ten years now with no problems. My eyeglass
prescription never changes anymore which is nice. For some reason my
pupils now give a green reflection which gives my grandkids a charge.

For those contemplating the procedure my only advice is don't wait.