Posted to sci.electronics.repair
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Composite video from an older laptop?

On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 8:21:28 AM UTC-8, wrote:
I have an old Dell Lattitude D630 laptop. Is there a way to come out of the VGA jack on the back of my laptop and somehow end up with composite or S video out? I tried an adapter...

The laptop has to supply sync-on-green for a simple adapter to work. Can you interrogate
the video output mode, or change it, to make interlaced 60 Hz video with sync-on-green?

More flexible (expensive) adapters actually include frame buffers, and require a power supply.