Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor[_2_] Pete Keillor[_2_] is offline

Default Grizzly Drill Press VS

On Wed, 30 Nov 2016 14:59:10 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
news On Wed, 30 Nov 2016 10:36:59 -0700
"Bob La Londe" wrote:

I am looking at a G7948 from Grizzly.

snip

I've looked at wtt a couple times. The only thing I notice is the do carry
some of those with expensive labels. After my experience with a several
thousand dollar Delta saw I don't trust big pricey labels like I once did.

I've got a 16-1/2" Jet floor model, slightly smaller with round table.
It works for me, but I'm a hobbyist. Liked it well enough to get one
for my son. Replaced the chuck right off. Basically, it works.

I think of Griz as similar in quality and price. You'd probably be
happy with it, especially if you put on a good chuck and smooth belts.

Good luck.

Pete Keillor