Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default Can you put a mains socket in a cupboard inside a bathroom?

In article ,
writes
On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 3:28:40 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
On 30/11/2016 12:14, Eusebius wrote:
Can you put a mains socket in a cupboard inside a bathroom?

Would be handy for connecting my washing machine, which is in the
bathroom. Cupboard door is about 9" from basin, 3ft from toilet and
4'3" from bath.

The sockets are a legal no-no (I have some in mine, though) But
surely a Fixed connection unit, so that it is permanently wired and
cannot be unplugged, would be legal? After all that is what most
electric towel rails and heaters have, and a permanently wired solution
is legal for those.

I may have recalled incorrectly, but it might be O.K. if

1) The cupboard can only be opened with a separate tool.
2) The closed cupboard meets the necessary Ingress Protection rating
(IP rating) for its location in the bathroom.

*NOTE* I am not an electrician, and not qualified to advise. Please
consult a qualified person, who is free to castigate me as fool who
should not be allowed out without supervision.

Sid.

Ah, you're an apprentice.
--
bert