Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat[_9_] Pat[_9_] is offline

Default WELL WATER TANK AIR RELEASE VALVE

On Wed, 30 Nov 2016 16:44:01 +0000, Chumley Jr.
m wrote:

My tank has no bladder supposedly. The tank air release valve is leaking
water when pump is engaged. As I understand it, the pump pumps air and water
and the air must be released. The air release valve releases the air. This
looks like a tire valve but supposed does not operate like one. Such a valve
would be used to pump air into a bladder-type tank. I do not have this. I
have a bladder-less tank, so I need the valve that will release air.. Just
bought a valve from the clerk who knew exactly what I wanted but sold me an
air inlet valve instead. I removed the core and checked it out. Can you sell
me what I need???

I have never heard of what you are describing (but that doesn't mean
you aren't right). Without a bladder, most simple systems lose their
air because the air can disolve in the water. That valve would be
used to add air - not release it. If the valve is on the top of your
tank and water is leaking out, that would mean you don't have any air
and the pump will cycle too often. (My apologies if what you have
isn't what I am picturing in my mind).