Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default WELL WATER TANK AIR RELEASE VALVE

On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 11:44:08 AM UTC-5, Chumley Jr. wrote:
My tank has no bladder supposedly. The tank air release valve is leaking
water when pump is engaged. As I understand it, the pump pumps air and water
and the air must be released. The air release valve releases the air. This
looks like a tire valve but supposed does not operate like one. Such a valve
would be used to pump air into a bladder-type tank. I do not have this. I
have a bladder-less tank, so I need the valve that will release air.. Just
bought a valve from the clerk who knew exactly what I wanted but sold me an
air inlet valve instead. I removed the core and checked it out. Can you sell
me what I need???

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...e-1116104-.htm

I would imagine that what you need depends on the particular air volume
control that your tank has. The ones I'm familiar with do not release
air. The volume control is attached to the tank at a level that the
water reaches when at max level. The air control has a line connected
to the pump suction. If water gets too high in the tank, meaning there
is too little air, then the air control allows a small amount of air to
be drawn in on the suction line when the pump runs. That adds air to
the tank, until the air/water balance is right again.

Why can't you take this valve part to the local plumbing supply and
show them what you need?