Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Need schematic Technics SA-918

On 30/11/2016 16:58, wrote:
This is for a good customer who wants this toilet fixed for sentimental reasons (so he says). It has a shorted STK4152II that's putting the -Vcc on the speaker terminal on one side, the other side is working. There are no relays of any kind in this receiver and I can't believe there isn't some sort of speaker protection scheme incorporated, not even speaker fuses. Even Pioneer's suicide circuit was better than nothing at all.

Anyone have a schematic for this? Also, the STK4152 is a discontinued device, but there are plenty out of Hong Kong. Anyone use one of these generics recently and had good success with it?

I tend to use a pair of TDA7293 in these situations STK/TA hybrids,don't
know specifially for that STK, bending up pins and rewiring in to suit.
Sometimes you need to invert the mute line control though