Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.satellite.gps,sci.electronics.repair
The Real Bev[_2_] The Real Bev[_2_] is offline

Default What does decent celestial navigation freeware on Androidactually do?

On 11/30/2016 07:45 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Tue, 29 Nov 2016 22:30:26 -0800, "Stephen H. Fischer"
wrote:

In between the two eyes I had several weeks with one new and one old.
The colors were oh so much better with the new eye and remain so for both
eyes.
One thing about cataract sugary, do not delay it. Your eyesight may get
worse at an increasing faster rate, I was almost blind even with one good
eye as the old eye was so bad.

Thanks. I'm 68 solar revolutions old, so that's a real possibility.
No sign of cataracts, but I'm borderline with glaucoma.

High pressure, drops, no damage yet? Likewise. The main reason I had
my cataracts done was to get rid of the astigmatism (which glasses were
never able to fully correct and which made contacts very nearly
useless), and it worked really well!

Some of my
friends have had cataract surgery and opted for strange combinations,
such as one eye optimized for close work, and the other for distant
and driving. They all say that it can be quite functional.

I wouldn't dream of having permanent monovision (one eye for distance,
one for near), but I have contacts like that. The brain deals with it
-- mostly -- but there's a certain amount of ghosting unless the light
is really bright. My daughter doesn't even notice that with hers.

Nobody
mentioned color, but I'll ask.

Cataracts turn the lens yellow. I was really surprised to see the
difference in color between the two eyes. (I waited months to have the
second eye done -- I wanted to be SURE!) The brain makes everything
work together (my ski goggles are yellow, but within a minute or so the
snow is all white again; when I take the goggles off the snow is
slightly blue for a while), so it's not a real problem -- just interesting.

--
Cheers, Bev
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the