Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mrcheerful Mrcheerful is offline

Default Can you put a mains socket in a cupboard inside a bathroom?

On 30/11/2016 15:02, Chris Green wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:
On 30/11/2016 12:14, Eusebius wrote:
Can you put a mains socket in a cupboard inside a bathroom?

Would be handy for connecting my washing machine, which is in the bathroom.

Cupboard door is about 9" from basin, 3ft from toilet and 4'3" from bath.

The sockets are a legal no-no (I have some in mine, though) But

Surely 'legal' isn't the right word in this discussion. Something is
either according to the IEE wiring regulations or not. The
regulations aren't the law.

In fact I believe that you can wire to any EU standard (at least until
we leave the EU) and it would be 'legal'.

OK against the regulations then. Either way, as far as I can tell from
the regs anything can be in there if it is hard wired.