Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What rope to use outside?

On 11/29/16 10:33 PM, micky wrote:
I used 1/2" cotton clothesline for an outdoor project, but even with no
special molds or anything, since it's under stress, I think it will
break in 2 or 3 years.

So I want to get some better rope. What do I need?. 1/8" nylon rope
will break. And I think 1/4" will also.?? Is it hard to tie a good
knot in 1/2" nylon? They have 15 feet for 16$ (at home depot it's
in store only, for some reason) , so what about the knot. Is it a good
idea to keep the knot from coming apart by heating it with a match
until it forms one blob?

They also have Everbiltt 3/8 in. x 50 ft Twisted Nylon and Polyester
Rope. $16 Easier to make a knot? Strong enough?

Other materials?

A bunch cut.

You don't have to use just a single line. Some pictures here
of a rope block and tackle. My dad had a rope fence stretcher that
worked like these.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=rope+block+and+tackle&FORM=HDRSC2