Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Two way light switching neutral ?

In article ,
DICEGEORGE wrote:
I seem to recall reading somewhere that in 2 way switching for house
lighting its a good idea to have a neutral wire parallel to the lives
to cut down on interference, is this so? In which case I need 4 core and
earth not 3 core and earth.

I is mentioned at: http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/2_Way_Switching

What sort of interference are you talking about?

You might also find it very difficult to obtain 4 core and earth. I've
never seen it in terms of house wiring.

But if it is a problem on a two way switched circuit, it would also be a
problem on the common way to wire lighting with a switch drop from ceiling
rose to switch.

--
*I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.