Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Can you put a mains socket in a cupboard inside a bathroom?

On Wednesday, 30 November 2016 12:22:29 UTC, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"Eusebius" wrote in message
Can you put a mains socket in a cupboard inside a bathroom?

Would be handy for connecting my washing machine, which is in the
bathroom. Cupboard door is about 9" from basin, 3ft from toilet and 4'3"
from bath.

that old chestnut...no but it is coming so I was told years ago ....

When my french flatmate complained that there was no socket in the bathroom
for her to plug her hairdryer in she then asked me for an extention lead, I said yuo;r not talking one into the bathroom it's illegal in the UK, she said I'm french so your laws aren't for me or words to that effect.
So I said **** off then.