Posted to uk.d-i-y
bm[_2_] bm[_2_] is offline

Default CH leaks

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On Tue, 29 Nov 2016 22:20:25 -0000, John Rumm

On Tue, 29 Nov 2016 02:48:19 -0000, John Rumm

On Sun, 27 Nov 2016 15:55:53 -0000, The Natural Philosopher

When this happened to a mates boiler, it was simply the pressure
vessel
needed pumping up.

Ah the wonders of the traditional gravity fed top up tank.... If I
lose
a bit of water I simply don't give a damn!

You will when the system corrodes away due to fresh O2 entering it all
the time, and dry rot eats your house with the constant supply of
water
to feed it.

In 16 years I've had precisely one dripping tap and one failed
thermocouple. With no servicing.

By the sounds of it, the OPs system could be losing several litres of
water a day. That means within a couple of months there will be no
active inhibitor left in the system, and it will be continuously
refilled with fresh oxygenated water. That quantity of water is also
possibly being lost the fabric of the building somewhere.

Now what has you pointless comment got to do with any of that?

Gravity fed or sealed system, its problem that needs fixing not
ignoring. (fortunately its much herder to ignore with a sealed system).

A small leak doesn't bother a normal system. It also lets air out.

If you think a couple of litres a day is a small leak, you might possibly
be more clueless than I first thought.

Now that is an achievement!

Help yourself to the last word...

I'm surprised you typed to the stupid ******* in the first place, John.