Jeepnstein

Default Pricing Electrical Work On Home

"Gary Tait" wrote in message
On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 10:11:15 -0400, "Jeepnstein"
wrote:

Snipped...

I would suggest having the wiring done before anything else. The chaos

and
destruction will be much easier to handle if it is done before it becomes
his home. Be sure to have him get a dumpster before he starts.

If there is major carpentry/masonry/hvac, have that done before
electrical.

Right you are. I forgot to mention the AC and insulation we are also adding
at the same time. The beauty of this "new" house is that it has no
structural problems at all. It was built by people with Old Money in about
1910 and was meant to last. Except for a couple of rooms that got the
woodwork painted, an added bathroom that has to go, and windows in need of
overhauls, it is is fantastic shape. With the exception of the electrical
system, all repairs and updates were done in a workmanlike manner with an
eye toward preserving the look and feel of the original house. I'm kind of
spoiled by working on this one.

Jim