Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] dansabrservices@yahoo.com is offline

Default 6AU6 Plate to Grid short

On Tuesday, November 29, 2016 at 7:11:58 AM UTC-5, wrote:
My old tube tester confirmed a short in this 6AU6 tube, which explains
why a resistor fried on it's socket. I know replacement is the best
solution, but old tubes are getting hard to find. I always figured
shorts inside tubes occur because the parts inside are loose. Is it
possible to drill into the glass, and use a pin to align the parts so
they are not shorted, then shoot some epoxy inside to keep these parts
solid, so they cant touch anymore?

Yes, I know they need a vacuum, so I'll have to use a vacuum cleaner to
suck out the air, then epoxy the hole shut.

The short answer is NO. 6UA6 tubes are still available in the marketplace.

Dan