MCL

Default Granite tiles on countertop ; bullnose alternatives?

Yeah... Expo is really over the top... I went to Expo a few times just to
look around... Found this really cool sink... Went to Home Depot and the
exact same sink (down to the model number) was at Home Depot for almost $275
cheaper... It wasn't on sale or discontinued or anything... Wow...

Good luck,
Mark

"MAG" wrote in message
ganews.com...
In article , says...
You have a few options:

1) Expo (and I am sure other stores) have individual granite bullnose

pieces
that you can buy... Expect to spend $10-25 per piece...

2) Make your own "flat" bullnose pieces by miter cutting the edges of

the
granite... Family Handyman has a very in-depth article on this... Even

had
plans to build a jig for use with a tile saw...

3) Use an alternate material... I used wood that exactly matched our
cabinets... Looks awesome...

4) You could buy a granite sanding kit (about $250 on eBay) and actually
round over your own pieces of granite to make your own bullnose...

Pretty
cool but VERY time consuming... We had roughly 30 linear feet of counter
tops...

I looked into all of these options and finally chose option three based

on
price and looks... We are using Premiere Black 12" x 12" granite tiles

with
black grout... We have olive green cabinets... The olive green border
against the black granite looks incredible... Much better than the black
bullnose against the black granite... And, it was literally a 100th of

the
cost of granite bullnose and it looks better...

Good luck,
Mark

Mark- thanks. Great followup message. Lots of options to explore. I'm
sure Expo would love to sell me those $25 granite pieces, as well as a
$400 faucet. :-)

Marc