Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Grab Bars in a Shower Stall

On 11/28/2016 9:02 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 8:03:46 PM UTC-5, Arnie Goetchius wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/28/2016 8:58 AM, Arnie Goetchius wrote:

I'd like to do that eventually. Use of this device gives me a chance to
determine where I would actually want to install the grab bar. One issue
is that this grab bar would go on the wall where the shower head and
faucet handles are located and I'm not sure where the studs are.

You may find it best mounted vertical to hold as you enter/exit the shower.

That is what I have done. My wife sits in a chair when taking a shower
so it will help her get up from the chair with it installed vertically

You are going to install a suction cup mount so your wife can pull herself
up and out of her chair?

Methinks that's a really terrible idea.

I agree with that. It may work, but they are designed to steady
yourself, not to act as a pull bar.

My wife uses the horizontal bar in back of the shower when getting up.