Default Sump drain line - Spring under house?

The corrugated pipe itself is reasonably indestructible, and there's nothing
better for your purpose, so go for it. If the water freezes in the pipe you
put below the frost line, then I guess the surface water won't be flowing
that day either and your sump pump will not be running. If you really have a
warm spring under your house when it's 0 degrees outside and the far end of
your pipe is frozen, then you'll just have to have a backup pump and blow it
out the window. The key phrase in my reply is "nothing better".

"Mike W." wrote in message
Hello.

I am going to run a sump line out to the back of my property. It will run
about 250 ft. I need some advice on what to do. Details follow.

The details:
I had a new home built. I moved in about 6 months ago. It seems there is

spring or something under my house because my sump pump kicks in about

every
10 to 15 minutes... even during weeks of dry weather. Also, I have a few
crawldad holes in my yard (interesting to say the least since the nearest
creek is a mile away). The builder had run the sump line out of the
basement about 2.5 ft underground to about 20 feet away from the side of

the
house. Since it runs so much, and due to the grade of the property, the
water was spitting out and running to a low spot in my back yard. It

caused
a swampy effect to where I couldn't mow in and area about 100 sqft. I
bought 3 - 100 ft lengths of corrugated pipe which helped me get it to the
rear of the lot, but the couplings leak (even with duct tape trying to

seal
them) and the ground stays too wet to mow along the pipe and still pools

up
in a big way in a few areas. Also, because of the pooling, the curtain
drain is constantly draining in a different spot in the yard causing

issues
there too.

I am tired of the water issue so Im gonna permanently (hopefully) take

care
of it. I'm going to rent a trencher and trench all the way to the back of
the lot at about 12" - 18" at a constant downgrade. I will then cover the
trench back up exposing only the last few feet of the pipe at the back of
the lot. I have enough corrugate pipe to use, but I'm afraid to use it
since I live in the midwest and the winters get cold. I'm afraid that the
ridges in the pipe will allow water to freeze up and eventually fill the
pipe clogging it or cracking it. I also thought of getting some PVC pipe

match the pipe coming out of the house and have it run all the way in the
trench... but will it crack too? Im not sure what to do.

Any advice would be helpful. Should I just pay a professional to come out
and do it? Or am I on the right track.

Thanks,
Mike W.