Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Grab Bars in a Shower Stall

On Mon, 28 Nov 2016 04:47:05 -0500, Tom Turquía
wrote:

On 11/27/2016 9:35 PM, Arnie Goetchius wrote:
(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Arnie Goetchius:
It will
be interesting to see how many days it takes before it falls off the wall.
I would say the real issue is what happens when/if it comes loose when
somebody grabs it - either for balance or to break a fall.

Waaaaay beyond "Interesting".

I plan to grab it every day just to see if it has come loose. I don't
need it yet, just planning for the future.

Wouldn't it be less effort to just properly install a grab bar?

That's what I did. One thing I DON'T need is my wife saying "I told
you so" when either she or I are laid up after a slip/fall and the bar
comes loose in hand!!!!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT"