Posted to uk.d-i-y
GMM[_4_] GMM[_4_] is offline

Default Virgin media cabling

On 24/11/2016 12:37, David wrote:

Depending on location VM seem happy to run the cables almost anywhere.

We have a cable through the outside wall into the lounge for the Tivo.

We also have a cable into the small bedroom/office for the Internet.

The trouble is, in this case, the optimal entry point would be above a
porch which is in dire need of replacing before it falls down of its own
accord. I suspect and installer climbing onto it would help with teh
demolition but not necessarily at an ideal time...

Double +1 for switching the router into modem mode. The software is ****e.
Cat5+ to your best location for a router of your own is an easy way and
doesn't involve messing with the VM co-ax.

Cheers

Dave R