jeremy F

Default Renovating lawn

Just use a sod cutter, You can rent them. Takes the grass out at the roots.
That's how they create sod. You won't have to worry about the level. I
wouldn't use roundup on your entire lawn. Somehow it seems like
overkill!!!!!

"HK" wrote in message
.. .
I'm about to embark on a complete replacement of my lawn. I've done a lot
of research on the net and find advice to be evenly divided between using
Roundup to kill the old lawn (and weeds) and removing/chopping up the old
lawn with a lawn cutter or tiller.

Being a lazy guy, I'm attracted to the Roundup method but I have one
question. I plan to resod, not seed. So, if I just lay the new sod over
the old lawn, won't I end up with a lawn that's a inch or so higher the

the
old one?

Thanks in advance for any advice.