rudy

Default Pricing Electrical Work On Home

The number of receptacles really doesn't have much to do with it. What will
take the time is running the wire. Does your son want the wiring run inside
the walls, or would something like Wiremold surface raceways be acceptable?
Running wire inside the walls is very time and labor intensive, unless you
are doing a gut renovation and removing all of the plaster.
Good Luck
rudy

"Nick" wrote in message
Hi: My son is thinking about buying an older home and remodeling it
as he goes along except for the electrical work. Currently there is a
circuit breaker protected 100 amp service that is newer along with
some knob and tube wiring. It is a 3 story home . What is the going
price for rewiring a house like this to the same receptacles and
switches with new wiring. What does an electrician charge on average?
This is for Eastern Pa. by the way and I do know job size and other
variables play into pricing. I am looking for a ballpark figure like
how much per receptacle etc. Nick