Posted to uk.d-i-y
rick rick is offline

Default Bandsaw tyre failure issue

If there genuinely aren't any tyres on the planet of suitable size,
which seems unlikely, then you can use rubber strip & glue.

NT

I found the tyres for my bandsaw are easily available in the states ,
but not economic to get here, I made my own with some weird soft
thick tape that I have no idea as to its source, but it has worked
well enough for quite a long time. I understand that masking tape
will do.

a google search will bring up any number of actual suppliers, such
as :
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...urce=web&cd=1&

These work out more expensive than buying from Record.

In any event I had a response form Record and they have at least done a
2 for 1 deal .... so now have 2 new tyres fitted.

Need to look into some form of rubber solution to prevent hardening - I
suspect these are not natural rubber, but can't prove either way.