Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default winter heating allowance

On Sunday, 27 November 2016 18:18:42 UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
On 27/11/2016 16:12, harry wrote:
On Sunday, 27 November 2016 11:39:03 UTC, Andrew wrote:
On 27/11/2016 08:43, harry wrote:
On Sunday, 27 November 2016 08:10:55 UTC, Jimbo in the near of Hawick ... wrote:
never having claimed any allowances from the gov WHY do they make the rules
for winter heating SO unfathomable ? ...

What rules?
I think you have to be 60.
Or is it 65?
Mine just appeared.

No it doesn't.

HMG sent me a letter when I was 60 inviting me to
claim it, and I have just ignored it.

maybe next year when I am 65 it will 'appear'.

Since you are elevating your neighbours electricity
bills, shouldn't *they* be getting your 'winter heating
allowance' ?.

I need the money to put petrol in my Rolls Royce.

Surely your chauffeur does that?

What would be the point of owning an RR and not driving it yourself?