Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword James Wilkinson Sword is offline

Default CH leaks

On Sun, 27 Nov 2016 21:28:04 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sun, 27 Nov 2016 17:38:58 -0000, mechanic
wrote:
On Sun, 27 Nov 2016 16:13:52 +0000, MrCheerful wrote:

The pressure relief pipe would be the most likely, if your loss is
from the condensate pipe then the boiler heat exchanger has gone,
in which case it is probably time for a new boiler.

No drips from the condensation pipe over six hours or so, during
which the pressure dropped by about one bar. Our British Gas
'engineer' suggested this to rule out the heat exchanger (apparently
no spares of this model now available).

I'll check on the insurance cover tomorrow and explore the leak
detection company options. Drilling holes in our Amtico flooring or
ripping it up together with the plywood substrate doesn't appeal one
bit. Re-instating it would cost a small fortune.

Is there no way you can at least peer under the floor with a torch
and spot water?

If he could do this easily he would have done it.
He has said that he has very posh flooring and to rip it up would be very
expensive.
What part of that do you find so difficult to understand?

Someone fitting a floor without a trapdoor. My neighbour has such a posh floor, but he fitted it himself and did it properly, with access under the house.

Mind you, a decent carpet is much nicer to walk on than wood.

--
Keith was explaining to his sister how to jump start a car.
"I explained about which cables to hook up where and in what order.