Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default black friday

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

The really big problem is it's impossible to assess a picture in a store.
You need to view a big variety of stuff over a long time to find the one
that suits you best.

For this reason I based my choice on assessment by Which. I know
that they are fallible, but I didn't really have any better
ideas.

One upon a time "Which" results tables could be readily filtered
by facilities or particular aspects of performance. Sadly this is
now much reduced, I am guessing it is the inevitable downside of
the drive to make everything readable on smartphones.

Faced with so much information, having a mind set that my major
decisions are based on data, I simply set to and transcribed a
subset of their data to a spreadsheet, where I could readily play
with criteria to my heart's content.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK