Tony

Default Garage Door Work question

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message
I don't understand the problem. Why would you spend $395 to
get a new unit since your current one has a lifetime
warranty? If you have a problem with your current remotes,
get replacement remotes from Sears or find a universal
unit. You should be able to replace the remotes for less
that $50 a pair.

Until I posted here, I was unaware that it was possible to swap out the
remote system to a universal unit. I thought that once the receiver in the
opener "died" that the only solution was replacing the unit. I did order a
universal upgrade kit that will convert this to a rolling code system. That
plus two remotes was just a bit over $50 (we ordered "key chain" remotes).

As you noted, this is great because it preserves the lifetime warranty on
the opener itself.

I never would have found out about the option of upgrading just the remote
until I read about it here. Thanks for everyone who posted with that info.

Tony