Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_15_] Muggles[_15_] is offline

Default Oregon official who bullied Christian bakery owners loseselection

On 11/26/2016 11:12 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, November 26, 2016 at 11:53:51 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 11/26/2016 10:09 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, November 25, 2016 at 11:10:19 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:

WRONG - the text says: "year of *our* Lord". There's a difference.

How pathetic. Having to try to cling to shreds that aren't even part
of the constitution, but refer to the year. And at the same time, ignoring
what it does clearly say, equal protection under the law for all.

What is CLEARLY does say id "year of *our* Lord". The distinction is
important enough for there to be 2 different camps on WHY the word "our"
was used vs. "the".

You don't really delve into analysis, or the "why" of things very often,
do you?

I don't delve into analysis of one crumb,

Why not? Details like that can affect an outcome or explain an outcome.

Sometimes, analyzing the one crumb will lead to a solution.

a reference to god in the date
of signing of a document, while ignoring what the whole document itself
says, no. You have to do that, because it's all
you have.

No, that's not all I have ... there are plenty of references to God via
the founding fathers and their beliefs in God.

Why even reference "our Lord" at all in the document? Don't you think
all who signed that document saw the reference to "our Lord" when they
signed it? Don't you think they were smart enough to know Jesus was
being referenced? Why would they sign a document referencing Jesus if
it was an issue?

If god was so important, if they wanted religion in govt
meetings, in schools, why isn't it in the constitution or bill of rights?

They wanted FREEDOM of religion, not a government endorsed religion. So,
why not allow such things as prayer in schools or government meetings?
Prayer has been a common thing in many venues up until the last few
years when liberals got control of the courts.

Well, it's time to take back what was taken. We want our freedom of
religion back.

Why do you have to resort to "year of our lord" 1787, ie 1787 AD as
your sole support? At the same time, you ignore what it clearly
does say, about equal treatment of all. Pathetic.

I repeat:

--
Maggie