Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hive central heating controller - one channel or two

In article ,
RJH wrote:
In article ,
RJH wrote:
I find it quite useful as my hours are irregular.

So were mine. So I installed an additional programmer in the kitchen in a
convenient place. So just altered the on time if needed before leaving for
work.

Mine are more unpredictable than that. Last night I went for an
unscheduled drink for example - got back at 8.00, set the heating just
before I left the pub.

Snag is this place takes quite a time to come up to temperature. With
no-one else in the house I have it switched off during the day. So it
needs a couple of hours to come up to what I want on a cold evening.

And I'm sure remote controls, mobile phones and horseless carriages
were once considered 'toys' too. Oh the young things today, whatever
next :-)

Thing is I can't think of when I'd ever use it. Since I'd made altering
the on time easy - long before such things arrived.

Of course, I accept it's not for everyone, and I'd concede an element of
frivolousness. Even I can wait 20 minutes while the house warms. For me
it's probably more expensive in gas, given my tendency now to preheat
the house.

It's there in the shops, I can afford it, it is of some use and I get
some enjoyment out of using it, so I've got it. Should I? Dunno.

That is perfectly acceptable. It's those who say 'this is what you need'
without knowing anything about you that annoy. Like those bloody ads on
the telly. And some on here, of course.

--
*Why do overlook and oversee mean opposite things? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.