Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Hive central heating controller - one channel or two

In article ,
RJH wrote:
I find it quite useful as my hours are irregular.

So were mine. So I installed an additional programmer in the kitchen in a
convenient place. So just altered the on time if needed before leaving for
work.

Mine are more unpredictable than that. Last night I went for an
unscheduled drink for example - got back at 8.00, set the heating just
before I left the pub.

And I'm sure remote controls, mobile phones and horseless carriages were
once considered 'toys' too. Oh the young things today, whatever next :-)

Thing is I can't think of when I'd ever use it. Since I'd made altering
the on time easy - long before such things arrived.

Of course, I accept it's not for everyone, and I'd concede an element of
frivolousness. Even I can wait 20 minutes while the house warms. For me
it's probably more expensive in gas, given my tendency now to preheat
the house.

It's there in the shops, I can afford it, it is of some use and I get
some enjoyment out of using it, so I've got it. Should I? Dunno.

--
Cheers, Rob