Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Hive central heating controller - one channel or two

On 26/11/2016 12:09, Andy Burns wrote:
RJH wrote:

I've a Heatmiser

Me too, which model do you have?

PRT-TS

You're aware that all their older models with direct access from the
internet turned out to be less secure than a wet paper bag?

Yep. I gather it was via the web browser interface (not the phone app),
but forget the details.

I got a letter from them saying I could swap it out or get a credit.
When I tried to do that (either, I wasn't bothered) I got mired in
various denials and definitions of the words swap and credit. I think
perhaps they'd had a change of MD and decided to front it out. 'Ruth',
the admin dealing with it, closed all correspondence and refused to
provide details of the MD or further redress.

The wider saga he

http://cybergibbons.com/security-2/h...lnerabilities/

I could have mentioned that ;-)

--