Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Meter maids.

A friend reported a clever bodge going on not far from me. At some point
some bright person had obviously removed the cover from a street light put
in a cable and ran it under the footway into a nearby empty house,which was
actually not empty.

Kind of makes you wonder why they were not seen doing this and reported
then.

People are so unobservant these days. We blind call them the sighted blind.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Robin" wrote in message
On 25/11/2016 11:53, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Tricky Dicky writes:
Same happened to me phoned through the readings then a week later got a
second request finally someone came round to read the meters. I think
they did not believe me, not Scottish Power by any chance?

As part of an initiative to prevent theft of power, government requires
meters to be physically inspected by the companies (can't remember if
this annually or every 2 years).

OFGEM dropped that requirement w.e.f. 1/4/16.

--
Robin