Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default Shop Lights Revisited - Direct Wire Replacement LED Tx Tubes -Dimmable

On 11/25/2016 6:03 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I don't recall seeing anything about "direct wire" replacement Tx LED tubes in the recent threads
on shop lights. I apologize if I missed it.

I bought a couple of these this morning. Wondering if anyone has tried this bulb or an equivalent.

You cut out the ballasts and wire the power directly to one of the tube socket. I plan on trying them
tomorrow. Dimmable sounds interesting.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/TOGGLED-4...0311/206723425

It will be interesting to hear of your results. I looked at similar
bulbs before buying the FEIT LED's at Costco. I turned them down when I
realized that I'd basically have to rewire the existing fixture to
accept them and then pay more for the two replacement tubes than it
would cost for entire FEIT fixture ready to plug in and go. Never gave
much thought to dimmable in my application but if it works out, it could
be interesting in some applications.

Please keep us posted.